Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Birthday Boy

Did someone say it’s their birthday? They did! Happy Birthday Benny! Ok, ok, so it was several months ago, but it’s still blog worthy, right?

I’m incredibly lucky to be surrounded by an amazing group of people who I consider more family than friends! You know the kind of people I’m talking about; the special people that you meet spend time with and instantly know you can be yourself around. Well, for those that don’t know me, I LUV me some guy time! I love football! I love hanging with the boys! And at home I have Jeff and Benny – my football, guy time dudes. In fact, they probably think of me as more of a dude half the time considering what we usually talk about. Anyways…

It was Benny’s birthday and Jeff had planned a low key intimate dinner party to celebrate. And by intimate dinner party, I mean beer, wine, a boob funnel and meat. So, naturally I offered to make the birthday cake. Frankly I can’t remember if there was a request for chocolate cake or if I had just decided that the occasion called for one, but that’s what I made. A perfectly chocolate, chocolate cake!

The recipe was actually quite detailed, but I followed it down to the last teaspoon and boy did it pay off! The cake was SO moist! And the chocolate frosting didn’t set it over the top; it actually complimented it really well! Benny’s a bit of a health nut so I might have lied to him and said I made it with less fattening ingredients than I actually did… oh well, Happy Birthday!

Here’s a pic of Benny’s Perfectly Chocolate, Chocolate Birthday Cake:
















After making Benny’s cake I finally made the decision that the time had come in my baking frenzy to purchase the BEST THING EVER INVENTED, aka the KitchenAid Standing Mixer. And in red! Yes, red! Once I had that thing in my kitchen it’s as though the baking angels started singing “Hallelujah” from above. Really, I heard them.

Behold the BEST THING EVER INVENTED:


No comments:

Post a Comment