Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's A New Year, A New Blog Post And A Whole New Attitude!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Ok, ok... so it's definitely a new year and a new blog post, but "Ummoyer's Bakeshop" still has the same fun loving attitude from 2010 maybe just with a little renewed hope! =)

The holidays are my favorite time of year, hands down. But... this year took a little different turn. I lost my grandfather just before the Christmas holiday which was really tough for me, my family and his many friends. He was an incredible man and someone that will never be far from my heart and mind! Love you Pops!

But, as we all do, we must move on! The holidays came and went, but most importantly I got to spend them with my friends and family and that is all anyone can ask for. After spending Christmas in California with family, I headed to Miami to spend NYE with friends.

Ahhh... and it was a much needed break! I am SO blessed to have such an amazing group of friends and loved ones around me and it was important that I started off the new year celebrating the good times surrounded by love and warmth (literally and figuratively). Miami is always a breath of fresh air... and who can beat 65 degrees at 11:30pm in the dead of winter? No one! Exactly! So, I ate, drank, relaxed and caught up with friends. I'm wishing I was still basking in the Miami air right now!

For NYE, we had a little gathering of close friends which is EXACTLY how I love to ring in the New Year, especially as I get older. So, per usual... I baked! I made chocolate peppermint brownies and mini Kahlua cakes. Both seemed to be quite a hit!

Anyone else bake for the holidays? I usually love to make baked goodies to bring to the office during the holidays for my co-workers, but with the circumstances of the season, I didn't get the chance to this time around. So, maybe I’ll whip something special up for Valentine's Day in February!

Wishing you all (whoever and wherever you might be) a very happy and healthy new year!!!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment